The Mikumi floodplain, with its open grassland, dominates the park together with the mountain ranges that borders the park in two sides. The park provides excellent opportunities to view a variety of animals and birds in a short period of time without too much driving around. The wildlife viewing experience in this park can be experienced right upon entering the park where you can encounter baboon, zebra, impala and many more wild animals. Come explore Africa with us!
Day 1: Dar es Salaam – Mikumi National Park:
Depart very early from Dar es salaam at 0500am to Mikumi National Park which is approximately 4.5 hours drive from Dar es Salaam. Hot brunch at Morogoro Town. Arrival at the park at noon then start your game drives in Mikumi National Park. Mikumi National Park is Tanzania’s fourth – largest National Park and the most accessible from Dar es Salaam. Within its 3230 sq. km its set between the Uluguru Mountains to the north and the Lumango Mountains to the south-east. Mikumi hosts buffaloes, giraffes, elephants, lions, pythons, Zebras, Leopards, Crocodiles and Hippos just to mention a few. Game drive in the park till late in the evening then drive to your lodge inside the park for dinner and overnight stay at Stanley’s Kopje Tented Camp / Vuma Hills Tented Camp
- Main destination: Mikumi National Park.
- Accommodation: Stanly’s Kopje Tented Camp. Luxury Tented Lodge lactated inside Mikumi NP.
- Meals & drinks: Lunch & Dinner. Drinking water during game drives (Other drinks not included)
Day 2: Mikumi National Park – Dar es Salaam:
After an early breakfast you will take part in a sunrise game drive in Mikumi National Park and later, with picnic lunches to go you will take off for your last exciting game drive until the afternoon. You will have the opportunity to view the unique Mikumi Giraffe that naturalists say seem to be a cross breed between reticulated and Maasai Giraffes. Lion, elephant, buffalo, wildebeest, leopard can be easily spotted in this park. Your game drive will also take you around to the hippo pool to view the hippo. After your picnic lunch you will drive back to Dar es Salaam. This is where your safari will end.
- Main destination: Dar Es Salaam
- Accommodation: End of tour (no accommodation)
- Meals & drinks: Breakfast & lunch. Drinking water during game drive (Other drinks not included)
END OF SAFARI
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer (pick up and drop off after safari)
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water during games drives (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees